Modding-Tools

• Zitat von RotoBee

Nachdem ihr den Patch 1.4 installiert habt gibt es
    ein neues Verzeichnis Singles/Extensions welches
    User-Mods aufnehmen soll.

Wollt ihr selber Mods machen, so haltet euch an die Beispiele in:

http://www.rotobee.com/singles/ExtensionBausatz.zip

wenn auch spät,- aber immerhin. - lesenswert !

mit den dort beschriebenen vorgehensweisen und möglichkeiten wird sich der spielfundus sicherlich in bälde stark erweitern,- vorausgesetzt, das angekündigte addon mit seinen neuen möglichkeiten läßt nicht zu lange auf sich warten. andernfalls könnten viele fans demotiviert werden.

:strike mfg JuSta

• All,

I've completed work on v1.1 of the Singles Mesh Convertor / Creator. This new release allows you to now create Singles objects from OBJ files, and means lots of custom downloads should soon follow!

See http://www.modthesingles.com/download.php?view.25 for more details and to download this.

It is recommended you grab this version *and* reconvert any existing AMS files to OBJ if you have the older 1.0 version.

I'll be creating a section for people to upload custom objects and outfits in a minute. (Remember you have to register and login to be able to upload custom files)

Regards
    Delphy

Übersetzung eines müden Powersurge:
    Hallo,

ich habe die Arbeit an Version 1.1 des "Singles"-Mesh-Converters/Creators abgeschlossen. Diese neue Version ermöglicht es Euch nun, "Singles"-Objekte aus OBJ-Files zu erstellen, was bedeutet, daß es bald viele selbstgemachte Downloads geben sollte.

Unter http://www.modthesingles.com/download.php?view.25 kann man mehr erfahren und das Programm herunterladen.

Falls Ihr die ältere Version 1.0 habt, ist es empfehlenswert, sich diese neue Version zuzulegen und alle existierenden AMS-Dateien ins OBJ-Format zurückzukonvertieren.

Ich werde gleiche eine Sektion erstellen, in der man eigene Objekte und Outfits hochladen kann (dran denken, daß Ihr Euch registrieren und einloggen müßt, um Dateien uploaden zu können).

Grüße,
    Delphy

Verdammt, ich hab auch schon flüssiger übersetzt.... :rolleyes

• If you find your OBJ files look corrupted when importing them into Milkshape, please check Control Panel -> Regional Settings -> Customise -> Decimal Seperator. Make SURE this is set to a full stop "." and not a comma ","

• hi!

When i open a ams to obj converted file in Gmax 1.2, following error shows:

MAXScript Rollout Handler Exception

Runtime error: MeshTVertex index out of range:

The MAXScript for .obj-files i currently use is "GMAX Importer V 0.2".

The other maxScript "Wavefront OBJ Import"
    won´t work too.

Sorry for my not so good english

Regards, Sinclair3

• Sinclair,

Please check your Windows decimal seperator as I noted in my previous post. This should be set to "." and then you need to reconvert any meshes you converted previously.

Regards
    Delphy

• Thanx for theTipp.I´ll try it.

Best Regards, Sinclair3

Zitat von Delphy

Sinclair,

Please check your Windows decimal seperator as I noted in my previous post. This should be set to "." and then you need to reconvert any meshes you converted previously.

Regards
    Delphy

• I set the decimal seperator from "," to "."

Started converting, the same error messages shows.

When i convert an object, i´ll start with WMStoAMS-Converter, then i use the Meshconverter 1.1 and finally load the .obj-File in GMax.

I´ll try it on gameobjectmeshes.Is this wrong?

Should i try this with the med and low-meshes?

Best regards, Sinclair3

• hmh.. ist das nicht total schwar neue Objecte zu machen?
    Ich meine das ist alles 3D!?
    Für Sims 2 wird es ja auch keinen Objecteditor geben (Glaubich)
    denn es ist einfach zu schwer so etwas hinzubekommen?
    Falls einer ein gutes bekommt soll er es mal hier reinstellen..

• Zitat von Delphy

Can you paste the first 10 lines from the obj file that gets generated?

Thanks

Ok.I take the file aquarium.wms for the try.Its the normal Hires_mesh.

Here the first 10 lines.

mtllib Aquarium.mtl
    v -1.91877 -0.480363 -1.43051E-08
    v 1.98438 -0.480363 -1.43051E-08
    v -1.91877 -0.480363 1.13284
    v 1.98438 -0.480363 1.13284
    v -1.91877 0.480363 1.13284
    v 1.98438 0.480363 1.13284
    v -1.91877 0.480363 -1.43051E-08
    v 1.98438 0.480363 -1.43051E-08
    v -1.7583 -0.43279 1.14044

• Sinclair,

I fixed some issues with 3ds Max generated obj files (and a few other bugs). Download v1.2 and see if that helps.

• Hi Delphy!

Thanx for your help.I download the new version and test it.

Best Regards, Sinclair3

Zitat von Delphy

Sinclair,

I fixed some issues with 3ds Max generated obj files (and a few other bugs). Download v1.2 and see if that helps.

• Hi Delphy!

I tested it with the converter 1.2.It work´d.

When im imported the obj -file the error shows again, i just ignored it.
    From now on i had the mesh of the obj-file in the programm and could modify it.
    It works with gameobject and character meshes :-)

Now the next question.When i´m modfied a mesh, how export it to obj-files? GMax doesn´t seem to support to save or export obj-files.Should a a use another fornat and convert it to obj?

Best regards, Sinclair3

• Sinclair,

Hrm, which error comes up again? It worked fine when I tried it with the file you attached so must be a different error. Are you talking about an error in GMax or in my program?

What format does GMax export to? From my recollection it's a custom format (*.gmax)?

If Gmax only saves in the one format then you'd need to convert it using other software.

• Hi Delphy!

I think the error with the TVertex is a bug in Gmax.

Right Gmax export the format .gmax.

I´ll will try to find a converter for GMax in the net.

Best regards,
    Sinclair3

• You could always get one of the GamePacks (like the q uake 3 Tempest plugin) for Gmax, export to .md2 and use Milkshape to export to .obj

• hmm ich frage mich immer wieder warum einige nicht das internationale Forum benutzen, denn dazu ists doch eigentlich da. :confused: :confused:

• Zitat von Delphy

You could always get one of the GamePacks (like the q uake 3 Tempest plugin) for Gmax, export to .md2 and use Milkshape to export to .obj

I´ve found a MaxScript to export .obj files.

The milkshape plugin is at no use for me, because haven´t the milkshape software.

Best regards, Sinclair3

• Hi DT125R-Tom!

Ich verstehe nicht wo das Problem ist.Die Posts sind doch in der Modding-Rubrik wo sie hingehören.

Gruß
    Sinclair3

Zitat von DT125R-Tom

hmm ich frage mich immer wieder warum einige nicht das internationale Forum benutzen, denn dazu ists doch eigentlich da. :confused: :confused: