~*Let's talk about...- Der Englisch-Thread!*~

• I was writing my practical apllication and getting things for sending it all day.
    Now it's ready and printed. I'm afraid of looking at the printed letter and maintenance history, because then I will find something new to correct, I'm so perfectionistic in this case. :hua

• Uh, no! It looks like it was made for people who can't see really good.
    Never mind. It will stay as is. If I would make the font smaller then it wouldn't fill the whole page.
    Now I think over if it is ok that I have a 4 in politics and history when I apply for a journalism practical place ...

• oh i don't know, too.

But i must say,.. my english is bad...

how are your feeling today?

I don't know either
    E
    nglish
    how are you doing today?
    ---------------

Hi, everyone!

"Simon says" works like this:

One is named "Simon'". He or she stands in front of the group, and says, for example

Simon says: clapp your hands

Everybody does it.

And eventually, Simon will just say "shuffle your feet", and leave out "Simon says"

The group then shall NOT do as requested. There will always be one who moves. This one will be the next Simon.

[SIZE=1]a shiver came quick, grabbed me up by the back of the neck and shook me down to the floor. through my shoes to the floor to the core of the earth. I muttered something swallowed some air, science miracles monkeys a prayer, I'll believe in anything when I'm there[/SIZE][SIZE=1] I'm certain I've said that before (unbekannte Quelle).[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]
    http://www.lastfm.de/user/sKeral/
    [/SIZE]

• hello... :D

[CENTER] [/CENTER]
    [CENTER] [/CENTER]
    [CENTER]Il était une fois à l' entrée des artistes[/CENTER]
    [CENTER]Un petit garçon blond au regard un peu triste[/CENTER]
    [CENTER]Il attendait de moi une phrase magique[/CENTER]

• Hi, moi-même :D

I'm watching Vox with a reportage about Au-Pairs and so on.
    Very interesting. Perhaps I do something like that in the future, but first I have to get to know how to work with children ...

• Haha, Livia, maybe you'll see me for a moment if you keep watching the series the next few Sundays :D! One boy who was filmed by Vox went into my class, he's from Brazil and will return to it in January or so. He's great fun :), although Vox showed him in a not-so-friendly light :misstrau.

[SIZE="3"][center][FONT="Garamond"]
    Das ist nicht die Sonne, die untergeht,
    sondern die Erde, die sich dreht.[/FONT][/center][/SIZE]

• Hello, ladies and gentlemen, (is that too formal?)
    after my first shy babysteps into the UU-Thread, where I got along surprinsigly well, considering I'm not really a person who likes to "interact" with strangers at all, I took some time thinking about taking a peek into this very thread as well. As you can read, I decided to give it a try. Although I have to admit, that having a question concerning this very language, has been a great factor in making this decision. Well, I think my english isn't that bad, however, my spelling or the fact that I don't always quite know, where to put some words or this "," (don't know the word for it) in a sentence, is my handiap. *Great, I wrote to much again...* I guess apologizing for my babbling would be a little too late now, wouldn't it? Well... Anyway, feel free to correct my spelling, positioning of words or this "," thing and everything else that's not right. But I guess you won't hesitate to do so. Which is good. (Can that last sentence stay alone like that?)
    So, now I will just go on to my aforementioned question. I hope, you can help me with this:
    Does "bad goes worse" make any sense? Or how about "salami goes pizza?" I'm thinking about a new nick, but I'm not sure if it would make any sense. Those two examples come pretty close to what I have in mind without "spilling the beans". I don't really think anyone would want that nick too, but if it doesn't make sense, no-one needs to know what it would have been exactly. ;)
    Every thought, piece of advice or scrap of wisdom on that matter is dearly aprecciated.

I hope you're (EDIT: it's not "your") not annoyed now about my babbling and all or worse even put to sleep.

I like the idea of trying out my english. Usually it's pointless to do that, unless I don't want anyone to know what I'm writing. :D

Melanie

Ein Weg entsteht dadurch, daß man ihn geht. - Ob er einem gefällt oder nicht, hängt davon ab, ob man darauf achtet wohin man tritt.

• Ehat the Fuck?

What are you wriding. M²?
    I'm baff!

[CENTER][SIZE=2]My 0.00000001 percent chance of marrying Alex Gaskarth still beats [/SIZE]
    [/CENTER][CENTER][SIZE=2] your 0 percent chance of marrying Edward Cullen. [/SIZE]
    [/CENTER]

• Is that good oder bad? ("baff" I mean) Do you want me to send you a translation (german) as a PN? (Do I have to write PM = Personal/Private Message?)

Ein Weg entsteht dadurch, daß man ihn geht. - Ob er einem gefällt oder nicht, hängt davon ab, ob man darauf achtet wohin man tritt.

• this thiny "," is called a comma... funnily enough ;)

Suki, you're very tenacious. And I mean this in a positive way... I thought you had decided this thread to be too difficult for you?

[SIZE=1]a shiver came quick, grabbed me up by the back of the neck and shook me down to the floor. through my shoes to the floor to the core of the earth. I muttered something swallowed some air, science miracles monkeys a prayer, I'll believe in anything when I'm there[/SIZE][SIZE=1] I'm certain I've said that before (unbekannte Quelle).[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]
    http://www.lastfm.de/user/sKeral/
    [/SIZE]